Monday 11 June 2012

Why we never tire of Walt Disney World

I have been coming to Walt Disney World since I was a child, but my visits became more frequent after I got married. One trip was all it took to get my husband on board and he was converted. We have been coming two to three times per year since 2007. This is partially due to the fact that in 2010, we became Disney Vacation Club members. We have been truly blessed to be able to vacation at the Most Magical Place On Earth as often as we do.

Of course, not everyone sees it as a "blessing". We often hear, "again?!" or "aren't you sick of that place yet?!". Yes, it becomes annoying feeling like you have to defend your vacation choices, but I decide to try to enlighten people with my answers instead.

I tell them it's not just about the rides. It's about the feeling I get when I step on the Magical Express and all my worries and stresses of the real world vanish. It's not about seeing people dressed up as stuffed animals. It's about seeing my daughter's eyes light up as she approaches Mickey, thinking she is about to meet one of her best friends. Surely, you can never grow tired of those special feelings and experiences.

Of course, when traveling with children, it is about the rides and characters in their eyes. The beauty of beginning their Disney trips when they are young is that you can watch them grow a bit each vacation. My son, Max, is currently 19 months old, but has been to Walt Disney World five times. He has always been afraid of the characters, but this trip, something changed. For the first time yet, he approached Princess Tiana on his own and handed her a flower that he picked. That, to me, was Disney magic. On our first trip with Max, he was afraid of the Uzima Pool at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We spent most of our pool time that trip holding him above water. This trip, he was happily diving about, not caring whether we were there or not. My daughter, Claire, rode Splash Mountain for the very first time this trip! Although she has been to Walt Disney World eight times so far, she is just at the very beginning of her thrill ride adventures!

I am happy to explain this all when people ask. To my family, Walt Disney World is not just a theme park, but a wealth of memories that we add to each and every trip. Creating memories as a family will never grow old for us.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment